How do you know if you need to replace your roof?
Checklist of problem signs you can look for during an indoor roof inspection.
• Sagging decking between the rafters. If the decking is sagging or deteriorating, the decking will also require replacement when a new roof is installed.
• Outside light that can be seen through the roof.
• Signs of leaking in the attic. Dark spots in the wood, especially around vents, chimneys, skylights, etc.
• Test dark spots in the wood to decide if they are old or current problems. If the spot is still wet, or if it is soft it is a current problem.
• Signs of water damage or leaking usually in the form of water stains, or sagging ceilings - this could be due to an active leak in the roof or to condensation caused by poor roof ventilation.
Is repairing your roof instead of entirely replacing it an option?
Depending on the severity, location and size of your roof damage, a repair job may be an option for you. Alpha Roofing have repaired and extended the life of many roofs over the years.
If you observe any of the signs listed above, you need roof repairs or a new roof. Depending on the degree of damage, you can decide what is best for you and your house. Often the cost of fixing or replacing a roof is less than dealing with the damage an old roof can cause to your home!
Looking to repair or replace your Roof?
As one of the top installers in Winnipeg, we can ensure that your roof is repaired correctly!
Call for a FREE, no obligation estimate at
In a rush? No problem! Use the form below to request a quote. Alpha Roofing can inspect your home to help you find the right solution.